The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has defined, via its Cross-Media Electronic Reporting Regulation (CROMERR), a legal framework for electronic reporting to EPA, states, tribes and local governments authorized to administer EPA programs. Under CROMERR, EPA services may accept handwritten electronic signatures (from EPA-approved e-signature solutions) in the processing of legal documents within its Central Data Exchange (CDX).
The EPA's Central Data Exchange (CDX) document receiving system requires that submitters of electronic documents first register with the agency to which the document is to be submitted. The registration process must establish the identities of both the submitter and any entity that the registrant is authorized to represent, as well as to confirm that the registrant is authorized to submit the document for the entity being represented. . . more.
MetaDolce's EPA-Approved E-Signature Solutions
- Signotec/MetaDolce E-signature solutions are CROMERR approved for use within the EPA's CDX database system.
- Signotec/MetaDolce solutions (signature pads & software) integrate with EPA CDX Data Exchange.
- Single & Multi-Seat applications (fleet deployment solutions available).
The EPA's E-Manifest Data Exchange
The Environmental Protection Agency's national system for tracking hazardous waste shipments, E-Manifest, will launch this June within the Agengy's CDX Data Exchange--modernizing the nation’s hazardous waste tracking process while saving time and resources. Benefits of the E-Manifest System include:
- Operational cost savings
- Accurate & timely information on waste shipments
- Rapid notification of shipment discrepancies
- Creation of a single hub for one-stop reporting of manifest data
- Increased effectiveness of compliance monitoring of waste shipments
- Potential integraton with Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA).